1/05/2014

December favorites - gifts and gets!


First of all, happy new year everyone! I can't believe it's January already! Things have been so crazy during the holidays that I didn't even notice that I haven't blogged for two whole weeks! The holidays have been wonderful here, and I hope everyone has made some wonderful lasting memories over the last couple of weeks.

Not only was it the time to share with the people we care about, It's also the season of retail therapy. I'm not a crazy shopaholic, I only purchase items that I have given alot of thought and I know that we'll get a great use out of. But December is the month I let loose a little. I wanted to share some of our favorites gifts and gets. If you have any birthdays or parties coming up soon, there might be some useful ideas in this blogpost!

Mommy

I got a Sonic Clean face cleansing brush, a fragrance by Lacoste called Joy of Pink and the Christmas album 'Funny Looking Angels' by Smith&Burrows. The album is amazing, I'll probably still be listening to it in March! Really, buy it and thank me next year! :) The fragrance is really nice as well. It's fresh, flowery and girly and that's just right up my alley. The face cleansing brush wasn't my first choice initially. I was planning on getting a clarisonic, but decided I wasn't going to spend that kind of money on something I wasn't even sure I was going to use for a longer period of time. If this is really something I'll really end up loving I can always upgrade to a more expensive one. But in the meantime, this one seems to work just fine and I have been using it daily.

Daddy


Daddy actually brought up the fact that he's not a part of this blog at all, and he did have a point there. So I thought I'd share his gifts as well! Daddy got a Jack Daniel's giftset (I love the packaging!), a black leather Samsonite wallet, a Bruno Banani fragrange and Levi's boxers. All black and manly stuff! I think it's so difficult to shop for him (any man actually) but I think we've done okay this year. He seemed to like his presents! The Jack Daniel's didn't even make it to 2014! Haha!

Baby


Charlotte's presents are definitely color themed! She got a babywalker, a baby laptop (both by vtech baby) and a princess magic mirror book. I know there is alot of criticism out there about gender marketing, so alot of you will probably think we're doing something terribly wrong by getting her these items. But you know what? I absolutely loved pretty pink toys when I was little and I dont want to deny by daughter that. Besides, I think I turned out just fine. You can be a strong and independent woman and still like your pinks!

And last but not least, I got another car! Yay! But you probably already figured that one out from the picture on the top of this blogpost. Now this wasn't a Christmas gift, but I did buy it in the month December, so I thought I'd throw this one in anyway. I love it! It's a tiny beige Nissan Micra. I think it's a really cute car and since I'm always struggling with parking, the smaller the car the better!

Well, that was the end of 2013. I'm really excited to see what 2014 will bring! Take care!

Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete